Biography of Dean of Economics Faculty
Senior Teaching Assistant Mohammad Hasham Daqiq son of Mohammad Ashraf was born in 1362 in the 2nd District of Kandahar province. At the age of 1 due to civil war he and his family were compelled to leave Afghanistan and migrate to Pakistan. There he finished his secondary and high school studies in Shahid Mawlavee Habib-ul Rahman High School. Later in 1379 Mr. Daqiq returned to his father land, Nagahan village, Arghandab District Kandahar Afghanistan.He passed through Kankor-Exam to Kandahar University; Agriculture Faculty with high scores in 1380. After completing the four year of bachelor degree in 1384, he got the cadre privilege to join the Faculty and was given the responsibility of a lecturer in Agricultural Faculty of Kandahar University.Mr. Daqiq was sent for up-grading his bachelor degree in economics to Germany Ruhr University at the end of 2008. He finished the up-grading program successfully in. Later on once again he was selected for the Master Program in field of Economics and Administration in a scholarship to Germany Bochum International University in 2011.
After completing the Master Program successfully, Mr. Daqiq returned back to his home country at the end of 2013 and took back the holy responsibility of lecturer in Faculty of Economics. After working two months, he was recommended by the leadership of Kandahar University and on a specific decree of the President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai, he was selected as the Dean of Faculty of Economics in Kandahar University.
Besides being in-charge of the Department, Mr. Daqiq has taught various subjects in Day Shift as well as in Night Shift Faculty. In addition, he has taught Economic subjects in Faculty of Public Administration, Faculty of Journalism and Faculty of Law plus he has worked as the Economic Advisor of Kandahar Governor Dr. Hamayoon Azizi and he still works as a volunteer member of Municipality Advisory Board on behalf of Kandahar University.During his Education period, Mr. Daqiq has participated in different educational, social and economics seminars, conferences and workshops both inside and outside the country. Pashto is his native language and he can speak Dari, English and German fluently.
Educational Researches and Compilations:
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham: (2005). The Impact of the Seasonal Crop on Kandahar Economy, Bachelor Monograph, Kandahar University – Afghanistan.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham, et al, (2011). Current Economic Challenges of Afghanistan, research paper, submitted to the IEE, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham (2013). Market Concentration in Afghanistan comparing indexes with the stories on the ground (The case of Mobile Sector), Master Thesis, and Submitted to the IEE office, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham (2014). Market Concentration in Afghanistan comparing indexes with the stories on the ground (The case of Mobile Communication Industry), Master Thesis, Published in LAMBERT Academic Publishing (LAP) ISBN# 978-3-659-63078-1- Saarbucke, Deutschland/Germany. Email: Info@lap-publishing.com.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham & Ahmadzai, Khawja Muhammad (2014). Measuring Geographical Disadvantage of Afghanistan The Case of Cross Boundary Trade between Afghanistan and Pakistan Published in Kabul University, Economics’ Faculty, Scientific Journal, Kabul Afghanistan.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham and Ahmadzai, Khawja Muhammad (2015). The Impacts of TAPI project on Afghanistan Economy, Published in Kandahar University, Scientific Journal, Kandahar Afghanistan.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham (2016) Investment Opportunities and Barriers of Kandahar Provence, Published in Kandahar University, Scientific Journal, Kandahar Afghanistan.
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham (2016) Afghanistan’s Private sector Barriers and its Solutions. A three years Research for academic promotion, not published
- Daqiq, Muhammad Hasham, (2014) Market Concentration in Afghanistan Communication Sector,