Introduction to Pediatric Department
The Pediatrics Department has been established in 1393. It was part of Internal Medicine Department and has been training students in pediatrics section since the establishment of medical faculty.The Pediatric Department is training students of fifth and sixth year, and House Job students; according to medical faculty curriculum, the department has been taking part in teaching pediatrics and other subjects such as Neurology, Behavioral study, Integumentary diseases, Medical terminology, Genetics, Microbiology, and General biology. The teachers are responsible to do practical work in Kandahar University Teaching Hospital and Mirwais Hospital.
To be a department which can lead in helping the diagnosis, treatment, preventive care, and research in the field of pediatrics.
- To provide research facilities for teachers
- To help in preparing updated technology for teachers
- To prepare an atmosphere for new comers in order to understand the principles of pediatrics
- To have the ability for doing practical procedures
- To have good behavior with patients
- To make themselves ready for society service
- To make themselves cope with the international pediatric challenges
- To train doctors having updated knowledge and use their knowledge in health system
- To train doctors having ability in diagnosis and treatment
- To train doctors in theoretical and practical pediatrics, in order to eliminate problems of the society and take part in the research programs